Updated: Dec 17, 2021
We intend to provide valuable and easy-to-understand information to assist you in your parenting journey. The post may contain affiliate links meaning if you make a purchase through our links, we may earn a small commission (NO additional cost to you). Prices and availability are accurate when publishing this post and are subject to change. For full disclosure, please click here.
Thank you for supporting us.
Let's dive into our topic!
Your baby's first vehicle -Stroller! It can get overwhelming to know about all the types of strollers out there and their functions. That's why we have put together this list of the types of strollers available on the market and their pros and cons. Lets dive in!
1. Full-Sized Strollers/ All-purpose strollers
You may also have heard these strollers referred to as everyday strollers. These are the most common models because they serve as a catch-all.
1. You can adjust the stroller as your baby grows so you can use it longer.
2. These strollers are good for most terrains from store floors to grass fields.
3. They offer plenty of storage for your essentials.
1. Due to their extra features, they tend to be larger and bulkier than other options, (but they are a great trade-off for the accessories and versatility they offer.)
Here are some options in the All Purpose / Everyday strollers category:
1. The Bugadoo Lynx Stroller available on Amazon. -$949
2. Graco everyday stroller - available on amazon -$199
3. Evenflo - Pivot Xpand Modular Stroller - available of Evenflow $289 and Amazon. -$260
4. Guzzie+Guss Hopscotch Stroller - Raven available on Albee Baby- $599
5. Vidiamo Limo Stroller - Black - available on Albee Baby-$699
2. Umbrella / Lightweight Strollers
Also know as travel strollers, these are a popular option for toddlers.
1. They are not heavy and can often be slung over your shoulder to carry.
2. This stroller may be your pick if you use public transportation or travel often because they can break down small enough to fit in overhead compartments and small nooks and crannies.
3. These are often more affordable than other types of strollers. they start at as low as $30. Comes in handy for short trips and walks.
1. The downside to these strollers is, due to their size, they do not offer as much storage or extra features as other strollers do.
2. Also, they are primarily designed for babies 8 to 12 months old and up.
3. These are not rated high on safety harness.
Options that we recommend in the Umbrella Strollers category:
1. Disney Umbrella Stroller - Available on amazon- $33
2. Metro Compact Stroller - This is a cross between the everyday and Umbrella- little pricy, but gives both functionalities - $299
3. Summer Infant, 3D Mini Convenience Stroller - Available on Amazon - $49
4. Stokke Scoot Style Kit - Available on Albee Baby.-$100
3. Jogging Stroller
Jogging strollers are the pick of the fitness or outdoor enthusiasts.
1. These strollers are built with sturdier wheels and suspension systems that help you glide over bumps in the road.
2. They often come with one front wheel to accommodate for faster speeds as well as hand brakes and five-point harnesses to keep your baby safe.
3. These strollers are great to take your baby running or hiking with you.
1. As they are made durable they are often bulky and can be difficult to navigate through narrow store aisles.
2. They are pricy and not as versatile as the 'All purpose' or 'Travel System models'.
Here are some of our picks on jogger strollers:
1. Chicco Activ3 Air Jogging Stroller available on Amazon - 299.99
2. Graco Fast Action jogger available on Amazon - $135.98
3. Cybex Priam 2-in-1 Trekking Stroller available on Albee Baby - $699.99
4. Jeep Hydro Sports Plus by Delta Children on Amazon - $249.99
5. Bob Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 available on Amazon - $549.99
6. Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger For the TWIN STROLLER JOGGER option, available on amazon - $219.99
4. Double/ Twin Stroller
If you have multiple children using a stroller, a double stroller is a phenomenal choice for you. If you are having multiples, they make larger options with three and four seats as well!
1. They can involve seats sitting side-by-side or tandem.
2. These strollers can give you the freedom to keep all of your kids together while you are out and about.
1. They are going to be larger than single strollers.( Obviously)
2. They will be pricy but that is given as it combines two strollers in one. For those who need to save, you can always look in to pre-owned options on The Stroller Store.
Our twin stroller picks:
1. Baby Trend Sit N Stand Lightweight stroller - $303.99
2. Valco Tri Mode Duo X Double Stroller - available on Albee Baby - $750
3. BOB Gear Revolution Flex 3.0 Duallie Double Jogging Strolleron Amazon - $749.99
4. Evanflo Minno Twin Double Stroller available on Evenflo.com - $159.99
5. Travel System Strollers
Travel system strollers combine your child’s car seat and a stroller base. These work like a charm to carry your baby's car seat around.
1. You can seamlessly take your child’s car seat from the car and click them into the stroller base without ever having to wake them up!
2. Some options even have the stroller built into the car seat so you simply take the carrier out of the car seat base, click a bottom, and your stroller pops out of the bottom! Like the Donna one below.
1. The downside of these models is you often trade off their compact design and ease-of-use for some other features like cup holders and extra storage.
Here are the options out there for travel system strollers:
1. Graco Modes element travel system on amazon - $259.99
2. Doona Infant Car Seat & Latch Base - Car Seat to Stroller in Seconds - available on amazon - $550
2. Maxi-Cosi Zelia²Max 5-in-1 Modular Travel System on amazon - $529.99
3.Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System on amazon - $329.99
4. Evenflo VERGE3 travel system with securemax carseat by Evenflo. - $379.99
Expert Tip: Recommend using Travel system stroller for an all in one solution. This stroller will age with your baby into his/ her toddler years. Once your little one is toddler invest into a fairly light weight umbrella stroller.
Pre-Owned Strollers: Strollers are EXPENSIVE! You can get a return on your investment by recycling (reselling) it on The Stroller Store. You can always buy a pre-owned stroller from them as well.
Now that you have all the options laid out, its time to consider the HOW TO PICK STROLLERS GUIDE. Also check out the STROLLER ACCESSORIES and TOP STROLLERS OF 2021 post for valuable stroller shopping insights.
References Earley, B. (2020, December 2). How to buy a baby stroller. What to Expect. https://www.whattoexpect.com/baby-products/strollers/. How to find a stroller you'll fall in love with. Babylist. (n.d.). https://www.babylist.com/hello-baby/how-to-choose-a-stroller.