Gender Reveal Ideas
Updated: Dec 24, 2021
We intend to provide valuable and easy-to-understand information to assist you in your parenting journey. The post may contain affiliate links meaning if you purchase through our links, we may earn a small commission (NO additional cost to you). When publishing this post, prices and availability are accurate and subject to change. For full disclosure, please click here.
Thank you for supporting us.
Let's dive into our topic!
You anxiously counted down the days until your anatomy scan. You watched as your stone-faced ultrasound technician scribbled down the sex of your baby and carefully sealed it in an envelope. AND NOW YOU CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!
Gender Reveal Party - we have already seen the popping balloons and the drawn-out cake cutting. If you are looking for something new for your party, check out our top 5 unique ideas for a gender reveal.
1. The Human Canvas
We would only recommend this idea if you are hosting your gender reveal outdoors as, well, it gets just a tad messy.
What you need?
1. Water guns
2. Paint ( pink or blue, of course)
3. Canvas or white shirts
1. Fill up your water guns with the color of the gender. A pro tip, water down the paint, so it is thin enough to squirt out of the gun.
2. Have the parents-to-be wear a white shirt ( better do it in the end after pretty pictures have been taken) OR set up a big canvas.
3. When it comes time for the grand reveal, give your guest the color-filled water gun and let them go wild to spray on the parents to be or have the parents spray on each other!
4. If using a canvas, let the parents splatter the canvas with a gun and reveal the gender for everyone. Parents will be able to hang this canvas in the nursery to commemorate the excitement of that moment.
If the paint is a bit too messy for your taste, you can always swap it out with cans of silly string! You get the same chaotic fun with a much faster clean-up.
Gender Reveal Event Spray String on amazon - $12.99